Hours This Week:
1050 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Telephone: (540) 568-6150
JMU Libraries Express is a temporary location serving the Bluestone side of campus during the Carrier Library renovation and expansion.
- Pick up and check out books and other library materials, including Interlibrary Loan and Course Reserve items.
- Return books and other library items.
- Use our equipment to watch a DVD, Blu-ray, or VHS, or use our microform machine .
- Print and scan documents.
- Use a computer workstation.
- Read or study at café tables.
- Ask our friendly staff general questions about the Libraries.
- Universal restroom: This location offers one single-occupancy restroom.
- Outdoor book drop: Return books any time at the book drop in Parking Lot K.
- Little Free Library: You can take a free book or leave a book for others to enjoy at this self-service station.
- Book Display: Rotating, themed displays of library books that you can check out.
- Printing: JMU has a pay-for-print system using FLEX money on a JACard. You can print from our computer workstations or from a personal computer with wireless printing installed. Visitors without a JACard can purchase a DART Card with cash to pay for printing. Learn more.
- Scanning: Save your scans to USB, send them to a jmu.edu email address, or print them in the library.
- Media viewing station: A workstation for media viewing, including DVD, VHS, and Blu-ray players. Headphones and remote controls are included.
- Microform equipment: Technology for viewing, scanning, and printing microforms. We have a variety of journals, magazines, and newspapers in microform formats. These materials are searchable in the Journals search tool. Microforms are located in storage. Items in storage are available via library delivery services.
Everyone is welcome to visit the JMU Libraries and access many of our collections, spaces, and services while in library buildings. All visitors are expected to follow the JMU Libraries Conduct Policy.
- Guest Wi-Fi access: Visit the Ask the Library desk to receive the password for the JMU-Visitors network.
- Computer workstations: Present a photo ID at the Ask the Library desk and ask a staff member to log in for you.
- Parking: With a free visitor parking permit, you may park in Faculty/Staff Parking Lot K next to JMU Libraries Express. A visitor parking permit can be obtained in person at the Parking Services office on the ground level of the Champions Parking Deck. Visit the JMU Parking Services website or our Visitor Parking page to learn more.
- Learn more about JMU Libraries Services for Visitors.