“Open Education” Webinar Series – Submit a Proposal or Attend
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Faculty members are invited to join in a series of virtual conversations about open education. The “2020-2021 Open Education: Student Success and Faculty Autonomy” webinar series will provide a space for learning and sharing to spark innovation and expand open education in Virginia. The virtual conversations will consist of short lightning talks, which will allow institutions to share their open education efforts and learn from similar efforts happening around Virginia.
Submit a proposal: If you are interested in giving a lightning talk on your innovative work in open education, please submit a proposal by Friday, September 4 at 9am. Proposals can address topics such as:
- Best open practices for faculty, administrators, librarians, and instructional designers
- How open initiatives can improve Virginia higher education experiences
- The broad spectrum of open education (open access, open data, open educational resources)
- Open resources created in Virginia
- The role of open practices in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Advantages of open in the context of learning during a pandemic
This webinar series, designed for faculty, librarians, and administrators of universities in Virginia, is sponsored by the Open Virginia Advisory Council of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News