This document contains procedures, processes and related policies that govern the administration and use of the enterprise learning management system (LMS) at James Madison University, which is currently Canvas. Canvas is centrally supported by JMU Libraries.
Several weeks before the start of the semester, official enrollment data about students and instructors is uploaded to each Canvas course. Changes in course information are then populated to Canvas from the JMU student database twice daily.
Instructors may independently add additional instructors, teaching assistants, guest lecturers, AUHs/administrators, and students to their Canvas course. The instructor of record for a course may also request support from the Learning Technology Services team in JMU Libraries to add additional accounts to the course. Libraries will ordinarily add another account only at the direct request or with the awareness and consent of the instructor of record.
- JMU Policy 1107 Intellectual Property
- JMU Policy 1109 Records Management
- JMU Policy 2106 Instructional Faculty Separation from Employment
- JMU Policy 3110: Student Complaint Log
- Academic Affairs Policy #2 AUHs
- JMU Faculty Handbook
- Undergraduate Catalog – Grade Review Process
- Undergraduate Catalog – Grievance Procedure for Students
- Office of Equal Opportunity. Student Reporting Process
- Student Case Management process through Student Academic Success & Enrollment Management
- Student Employee Handbook + Supervisor Student Employee Handbook
- The Graduate School for GA and TA onboarding processes