Can I Show It? Copyright for Public Film Screenings and Events

Posted on: October 5, 2023

JMU groups often look to the Libraries for guidance on licensing and copyright when hosting a film screening or event. 

If you want to show a film outside of a class, make sure JMU has public performance rights for that film, or is able to obtain rights before your planned performance.

Start by checking this page of our website: Showing Films on Campus: A Public Performance Rights Primer, which includes information on licensing requirements, films and collections available for streaming, and who to contact with questions.

Categorised in: