The 24-hour space in Rose Library, with study space and a computer lab, is a great place for quiet work or late-night studying. This space is available to all JMU users with a JACard for swipe-in entry. The study space is Rose 1300, and the computer lab is Rose 1310.
- 2 first-come, first-served group study rooms
- Study tables with power for devices
- Soft seating
- Computer lab with 30 PCs, 4 Macs, and a range of software
- Printers (black/white and color)
- Vending machines
- 2 universal restrooms
- Water fountain
How to access
All current JACard holders can swipe in at the side entrance of Rose Library to access the 24-hour space. If you have trouble accessing the space, contact JMU Card Services at 540-568-6446.
Is it really 24/7?
The 24-hour study space and computer lab are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The lab is occasionally closed briefly for cleaning or maintenance, which will be clearly noted on signs in the space. During these times, the study space, lockers, vending machines, and restrooms remain available. You can always confirm that the space is open by visiting our hours page.
Which library services can I access from the 24-hour space?
The 24-hour space is not staffed, but you can always access:
- computers, printers, and scanners
- online resources available through JMU Libraries
- book return on Alumni Drive (see all book drop locations)
- Ask the Library page to send a question by email, even if live chat is offline
- Libraries Locations
- Libraries Hours
- JMU Computer Lab Locations
- JMU Computing Labs Information
- Other 24/7 spaces on campus
- Top 14 Places to Study in JMU Libraries
- 7 Study Spots to Prepare for Finals (The Breeze)
See more photos of the 24/7 Space in Rose Library.