Learn about our services
- Student Services
- Find out how we can help you with your research, managing citations, accessing books and media, learning new tech skills, and finding a comfortable place to study.
- Graduate Student Services
- Learn how we can help you with research, publishing, skill development, finding sources, creative exploration, using technology, and more.
- Faculty Services
- Learn how we advance your research, teaching, use of educational technologies, and creative exploration.
- Staff Services
- Find out how we help you learn, research, create, and play.
- Services for Visitors and Alumni
- We welcome community members, alumni, families visiting their Dukes, or anyone who wants to stop by.
Get to know our spaces
- Library Spaces
- Learn about our four main facilities: Carrier Library, Rose Library, Music Library, and Educational Technology and Media Center (ETMC). Find a place to study, floor plans, building features, a video tour, and more.
- The Makery
Makerspaces in Rose and Carrier available free-of-charge to all JMU students, faculty, and staff for both academic and personal projects. Features include 3D printers, laser cutters, sewing machines, electronics tools and supplies, audio/video equipment, virtual reality games and experiences, and helpful people.
- Special Collections
- The Libraries’ repository for rare materials, unique materials, and materials that document the Central Shenandoah Valley as well as the institutional history of James Madison University.
- The first general-education college 3D printing classroom in the U.S. Offers 3D printing access and training to people of all experience levels.
- Video Production Studio
- A professional video production studio in Rose Library open to JMU faculty and staff.
- Narration Room
- A quiet, enclosed space with microphone and a digital audio workstation where anyone in the JMU community can record and edit audio. Located in the The Makery in Carrier.