Giving to Special Collections

For gifts of print materials, see the JMU Libraries Gift Policy.

For gifts of archival collections, personal papers, or manuscript materials, please contact the Head of Special Collections.

Gifts of collections materials are governed by Special Collections’ Deed of Gift Agreement, and/or the Oral History Deed of Gift.
The following publications of the Society of American Archivists are helpful for understanding these types of donations: