Faculty: Try “Course Reading List” in Canvas
Posted on: August 29, 2022
JMU faculty members now have access to “Course Reading List,” a new feature in Canvas! This tool is designed to help instructors share course readings with an easy-to-access list. Faculty can use the tool to build reading lists that include Course Reserves, books, e-journal articles, ebooks, streaming video or audio, websites, physical materials, and more.
To enable the Course Reading List feature:
- Open your course in Canvas
- Click on Settings at the bottom of the left side toolbar
- In the Navigation tab, find Course Reading List and select Enable
We also provide more tips on using Course Reading List.
What are some benefits of this new feature? Course Reading List is:
- Easy to access: Course materials lists are added to Canvas navigation so that students can find them all in one place.
- Easy to create: Instructors can search the library catalog and link directly to resources.
- Reusable: Reading Lists can be saved and reused in other courses.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Course Reading List feature or anything related to Course Reserves.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News