Important Zoom Update! Students: Activate Your JMU Zoom Account Today
Posted on: October 20, 2020
Starting October 21, 2020, all JMU students will need to log in with their JMU eID, password, and Duo to access Zoom at JMU. Please follow the steps that apply to you:
If you have a personal Zoom account already connected to your dukes.jmu.edu email address, you will need to transfer that personal account to JMU’s license. To transfer your account:
- Go to https://zoom.us
- Click “SIGN IN”
- Log in with your personal Zoom account and password
- Click “Join Domain”
- From now on, sign in to your JMU Zoom account at https://jmu-edu.zoom.us
If you don’t have a personal Zoom account, follow these steps to activate your new JMU account with Zoom:
- Go to to https://jmu-edu.zoom.us
- Click “Sign in”
- Log in using your JMU eID, password, and Duo
If you use Zoom software that you have downloaded to your computer:
- Open Zoom on your computer
- Click “Sign In with SSO” (log out if you do not see that option)
- Enter “jmu-edu” as the domain name
- Click “Continue” and log in with your JMU eID, password, and Duo
If you have downloaded Zoom, remember to update the software regularly.
Find more info on Zoom from JMU IT and in our Guide to Hybrid and Online Teaching.
Questions about Zoom at JMU? Please contact the JMU IT Help Desk.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News