6 Ways We Can Help Faculty Prepare for Fall
Posted on: August 22, 2022
As you get ready for the start of classes, remember that we are here to support your research and teaching.
Here are 6 things we can help you with:
1. Fine-tuning your Canvas courses: Our instructional designers can help you optimize your courses for Canvas. For assistance with technical issues related to Canvas, contact our tech support team.
2. Making your course readings more accessible: Whether you want to assign free and low-cost online textbook options, or place materials on course reserves, we’ve got you covered.
3. Helping your students develop strong research skills: Your liaison librarian can help your students learn skills required for research and information seeking. Learn more or contact your liaison librarian to start the conversation.
4. Advancing your research: We can help advance your research by consulting with you on topics such as avoiding predatory publishers, creating data management plans, posting your research on our open-access institutional repository to increase its visibility, and more.
5. Getting set up with classroom technology: Contact Library Tech Support for help with classroom technology including microphones and projectors. Learn more about how we manage over 470 technology-enhanced teaching spaces on campus.
6. Finding the help you need: Request a consultation on educational technology topics, media production for your teaching, and much more.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News