First-Come, First-Served Study Rooms
Group study rooms not found in the reservation system are first-come, first-served. All group study room guidelines below apply. View Carrier Library and Rose Library floor plans or visit the Ask the Library desk for help locating these rooms.
Group Study Room Guidelines
Group study rooms in Carrier Library and Rose Library may be reserved by JMU faculty, students, and staff. Many of these rooms have flat panel displays and some of them have whiteboards.
- All group study rooms are for two or more people. Individuals occupying the room alone will be asked to leave.
- Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- Daily reservations may not exceed two hours.
- The individual reserving the room must occupy the room.
- There is a 10 minute grace period for arriving at the room. If the room is not occupied by two or more members of the group within 10 minutes the reservation may be forfeited.
- Personal items left in group study rooms may be removed to the lost and found and will not be considered occupancy of the room.
- Groups exhibiting inappropriate, loud, or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave.
- Use of group study rooms for commercial purposes is prohibited.