Techsmith Knowmia is a video platform for recording and sharing lectures online. Knowmia is being discontinued by the vendor in summer 2022. Learn more.
How can I download my Knowmia content myself?
- Techsmith guides on downloading your content:
- JMU Libraries guide – media, captions and quiz
Where can I upload these files?
There are several options supported by JMU: illumira or Canvas Studio for active content that students will need to access, and OneDrive for Business for longer-term storage.
For more information regarding JMU-supported services, please visit our Video Management Services page.
- Canvas Studio
- Canvas course files
- OneDrive for Business
- JMU provides access to OneDrive, a cloud-based storage solution, available to JMU faculty, staff, and students to store files. Storage capacity is up to 5 TB for each faculty/staff, and up to 1 TB for each student. This is an option for long-term storage of media files
- How do I access JMU’s OneDrive for Business online storage?
- How do I upload files to OneDrive for Business?
- Please contact the IT Help Desk for assistance with OneDrive for Business