5 Ways We Can Help JMU Faculty Prepare for Spring Semester
Posted on: January 5, 2023
As you gear up for spring, remember that we are here to support your research and teaching.
Here are 5 things we’re eager to help you with:
- Fine-tuning your Canvas courses: We can help you optimize your courses for Canvas: visit our Consultation & Instruction page and select “Instructional Design and Technology.” For assistance with technical issues related to Canvas, contact our tech support team.
- Making your course readings more accessible: Whether you want to assign free and low-cost online textbook options, or place materials on course reserves, we’ve got you covered.
- Helping your students develop strong research skills: Your liaison librarian can help your students learn skills required for research and information seeking. Learn more or email your liaison librarian to start the conversation.
- Advancing your research: We can help advance your research by consulting with you on topics such as avoiding predatory publishers, creating data management plans, posting your research on our open-access institutional repository to increase its visibility, and more.
- Fitting professional learning into your schedule: This spring, we’re offering five self-paced learning opportunities to support your teaching practices and course design work.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News