Crafting Supplies and Tools
- The Makery Home
- Make an Appointment
- Attend A Workshop
- 3D Fabrication
- Programming & Electronics
- Textile Arts
- Vinyl & Paper Cutting
- Additional Equipment
- Makery News
- Equipment Loans
- Contact Us
The Makery provides a collection of crafting tools and supplies, listed below. To get started using them, walk in during our open hours in Rose Library.
- A variety of colored pencils, ink pens, and markers
- Acrylic paint set
- Hobby (“X-Acto”) knives
- Hot glue guns
- Adhesives including:
- Glue sticks, Elmer’s glue, rubber cement, wood glue, cyanoacrylate (“Superglue”)
- Painter’s (“masking”) tape, gaffer’s tape, duct tape
- Woodburning kit
- Clothespins, popsicle sticks, toothpicks, etc.
- A variety of hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, hammers. etc.)
- Cordless hand drill
- Coping saw
- Rulers, calipers, and other measurement tools
Safety is the number priority while using and maintaining supplies in the crafting corner. Most of the materials in this area pose a very low safety risk, however there are still some safety considerations to be aware of:
Some caution is still advised when using tools with sharp edges. Hobby or craft “X-Acto” knives must always be used on one of the workstations with a self-healing mat installed and must always be kept pointed away from the body. Use of cut-resistant gloves when working with knives, chisels, or other sharp tools is strongly encouraged.
The more familiar a tool is, the less likely someone is to use it safely. Keep all sharp edges facing away from yourself and others.
Most of the available glues and solvents are made with chemicals that may irritate the skin or respiratory system. Wear nitrile gloves when handling these materials and consult the Safety Data Sheets for more specific details.