New for you at the Libraries this fall
Posted on: August 21, 2018
Welcome (back) to campus! Here’s what you need to know about the Libraries this fall:
- We are now JMU Libraries! Our new name may be shorter, but you can still count on us to support and provide expertise in educational technologies, research, teaching, scholarship, and information resources.
- You can now access the libraries’ resources, including online databases, more easily when working off campus. We are testing a new system that will allow you to click into a database or other online resource via the Libraries’ web site and log in with your JMU eID, password, and Duo. No more downloading software or configuring browsers to get into the JMU subscription of JSTOR or other databases! If you have trouble logging in or want more info, visit www.lib.jmu.edu/connect or contact us.
- Working on a research paper this fall? Manage your citations with a new version of RefWorks, which will help you collect and organize research papers and citations. You can also collaborate on research projects with friends and colleagues by sharing collections.
- Find library info more quickly using a new, streamlined Libraries web site. We want your feedback on the new web site!
- Schedule an appointment with our experts, who can help you find and evaluate information, manage data, understand copyright, use our makerspaces, and more.
- Faculty can also consult with our experts on a wide variety of technologies, resources, and practices to support their teaching, research, and scholarship.
- Celebrate with us as Rose Library turns 10 years old! Follow us on social media to learn when we’ll offer free cookies and other events and observances to recognize this milestone during fall semester.
We hope that fall semester goes well for you! Contact us via Ask the Library or email@example.com if you have any questions about JMU Libraries.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News