Faculty Learning Opportunities:
- Institute for Online & Blended Learning
- Guide to Hybrid & Online Teaching at JMU
- Sandbox of Engaged Learning with Video Analysis and Feedback
- Departmental Collaborative Curriculum Design and Redesign, e.g. AA to BIS online program for early childhood education
Services and Support:
- Guide to Hybrid & Online Teaching (for JMU faculty)
- Guide to Hybrid & Online Learning (for JMU students)
- Student Success in Online Learning Environment (an example Canvas-based orientation site)
- Consultations in instructional design, online teaching, media production, and more
- Open Access Media for Course Design
- Video Management Services: Find out how JMU Libraries’ video management services can help your video hosting and publish for online and blended courses.
Canvas Learning Management System is the primary platform for online, blended, and distance learning supported by the JMU Libraries and JMU Information Technology. Get tech support with JMU Canvas or learn more about using Canvas at JMU.
|Online Teaching Strategy Updates|
|Synchronous Online Teaching – Enhance Presence and Interaction
More and more online and blended classes use synchronous technologies to connect class members with video and audio communication.
Best Practice for Synchronous Sessions by Kristina Wilson from Northwestern University.
Should you add a synchronous component to your online teaching strategy? by Christine Lewinski, Ed.D from Keypath Instructional Services