8 Ways We Can Help Faculty Prepare for Spring
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Dear JMU faculty colleagues, As you prepare for Spring semester, please remember that we in the Libraries are dedicated to helping you:
1. Get Canvas support
Contact the Libraries’ Learning Technology Services group at 540-568-5312 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help with Canvas-related technical tasks.
2. Use classroom technology
Contact the Libraries’ Classroom Technology Services team at 540-568-6799 or email@example.com for help with projectors, wireless microphones, and other classroom tech.
3. Connect with colleagues and experts
Try our online office hours for Spring semester prep.
4. Teach with Zoom and other tools
Find expert advice on online or hybrid teaching, including teaching with Zoom at JMU.
5. Make instructional design decisions
Request a one-on-one consultation on any instructional design or educational technology topic.
6. Finalize your course readings and media
As you decide what readings, videos, and other media to assign for your courses this semester, consider the many online options that are accessible to your students through JMU Libraries:
- streaming video
- free and low-cost online textbooks
- databases that provide historical primary sources
- JMU Special Collections online materials (oral histories, historic photos, etc. relating to the history of JMU and the Shenandoah Valley)
- ask your department’s liaison librarian if you need help
For physical materials that are in high demand, you can place a shorter check-out time through Course Reserves. Just log in here with your JMU eID and submit your course reserves information. You may also email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Build your students’ research skills
Invite us to your class to help your students build skills in research, evaluating sources, data management, information literacy, and more.
8. Get the answers you need
You can Ask the Library about anything we provide! When you have an in-depth research question, you can also contact your department’s liaison librarian. We want to help!
And so much more!
Learn more about our services for faculty, or visit our pages for staff, students, graduate students, or visitors to find out more.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News