Business Librarian, Associate Professor
Business, International Business, Management, Marketing, MBA
I help JMU students, faculty, and staff effectively gather business information to inform their decision-making. That includes:
- Purchasing books, journals, databases, and datasets to support teaching & learning
- Providing training on using business information sources
- Consulting with students about business plans, case studies or research projects
- Integrating citation management tools into research workflows
- Helping understand copyright and fair use as they apply to course materials
To see which JMU Libraries resources are most useful for your area of study, look at the Research Guides I’ve curated for each major I work with.
As a researcher, I am most interested in the use of business collections and integrating new technologies into library services. Read pre-prints of recent articles via my Selected Works profile.
- B.S. in Journalism from Ohio University (Athens, Ohio)
- M.S. in Library & Information Science from the University of Kentucky (Lexington, Kentucky)
About Academic Engagement
Academic Engagement is a new, public-facing division of the Libraries, under formation now. Departments include Library and Information Services, the Music Library, Research & Education Services, and Digital Scholarship and Distinctive Collections, which includes Digital Projects and Special Collections.
About Research & Education Services
We further JMU’s teaching, learning, and scholarship mission through our work as educators, researchers, and collections managers. Research & Education Services is the home of the Liaison Librarians.