Summer Support for JMU Faculty and Instructors
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Congratulations—grades are in, and you’ve made it to the end of the academic year! As you take a breath, recover, and reflect, remember that we are here to support your research and teaching.
Here are 6 things we can help you with:
- Fine-tuning your Canvas courses: Our instructional designers can help you optimize your courses for Canvas. For assistance with technical issues related to Canvas, contact our tech support team.
- Making your course readings more accessible: Whether you want to assign free and low-cost online textbook options, or place materials on course reserves, we’ve got you covered.
- Helping your students develop strong research skills: Your liaison librarian can help your students learn skills required for research and information seeking. Learn more or email your liaison librarian to start the conversation.
- Advancing your research: We can help advance your research this summer by consulting with you on topics such as avoiding predatory publishers, creating data management plans, posting your research on our open-access institutional repository to increase its visibility, and more.
- Fitting professional learning into your schedule: This summer, we’re offering four self-paced learning opportunities to support your teaching practices and course design work.
- Finding the help you need: Request a consultation on educational technology topics, media production for your teaching, and much more.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News