The Top 10 Things All New Dukes Need to Know About JMU Libraries
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Hey Dukes! Welcome to JMU. We at JMU Libraries are here to help you.
We provide support for finding sources, using Canvas, and more:
- When you have a research paper assignment, use our research guides organized by subject to find the best databases and sources for your paper topic.
- Or — get one-on-one help with finding sources by scheduling a virtual appointment with the librarian who specializes in your major.
- For help for Canvas and other online learning tools, use our guide to online learning.
- Connect from off-campus to use our online library resources wherever you are.
You can do so much with JMU Libraries:
- Take this quick virtual tour to see all four library facilities, including study spaces, cafés & more.
- Try 3D printers, virtual reality, and other creative technologies in The Makery.
- Check out books and DVDs with our pickup service.
- Get articles or books from any library in the world through Interlibrary Loan.
- Explore the Digital Collections from Special Collections, JMU Libraries’ repository for rare, irreplaceable, unique, or otherwise valuable materials.
- Connect wirelessly to library printers from your own device, or use library computers to print.
Learn more about library resources and services:
How to use the Libraries’ spaces in spring 2021:
Please wear a mask or face covering in all public and shared spaces of JMU Libraries. Learn more in this short video or in our Operations Plan:
We’re here for you.
Please don’t hesitate to ask for help. Visit our Ask the Library page to use our live chat or send us a message. Whether you have a question related to an online course or need help with your research, you’re not alone. We are here for you!
Published August 21, 2020. Updated January 15, 2021.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News