The Top 10 Things All New Dukes Need to Know About JMU Libraries
Posted on: August 26, 2020
Hey Dukes! Welcome to JMU. It may feel daunting to start at a new school and start learning in new ways, in this unique time. We at JMU Libraries are here to help you.
We provide support for finding sources, using Canvas, and more:
- When have a research paper assignment, use our research guides organized by subject to find the best databases and sources for your paper topic.
- Or — get one-on-one help with finding sources by scheduling a virtual appointment with the librarian who specializes in your major.
- For help for Canvas and other online learning tools, use our guide to online learning.
- Connect from off-campus to use our online library resources wherever you are.
You can do so much with JMU Libraries:
- Take this quick virtual tour to see all four library facilities, including study spaces, cafés & more.
- Try 3D printers, virtual reality, and other creative technologies in The Makery.
- Check out books and DVDs with our pickup service.
- Get articles or books from any library in the world through Interlibrary Loan.
- Explore the Digital Collections from Special Collections, JMU Libraries’ repository for rare, irreplaceable, unique, or otherwise valuable materials.
- Connect wirelessly to library printers from your own device, or use library computers to print.
Learn more about library resources and services:
How to use the Libraries’ spaces this fall:
Please wear a face covering in all public and shared spaces of JMU Libraries. Learn more in this short video:
We’re here for you.
Please don’t hesitate to ask for help. Visit our Ask the Library page to use our live chat or send us a message. Whether you have a question related to an online course or need help with your research, you’re not alone. We are here for you!
Published August 21, 2020.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News