Strategic Research & Assessment Librarian; Project Coordinator, Flowerings, Professor
- Project Leadership: Define, lead, support, and assess projects that support Libraries’ strategic initiatives in collaboration with others; convene and facilitate teams to support project leadership as necessary.
- Strategic Research: In collaboration with Libraries’ leadership teams, identify and develop strategic research topics and complete research studies on behalf of the organization, convening research teams as necessary.
- Assessment & Reporting: Support libraries’ efforts related to assessment, collaborating with others in libraries with related responsibilities. Make recommendations to senior leadership that strengthen the Libraries’ organizational projects, research, assessment, and reporting efforts. May serve as one of Libraries’ representatives to other areas of JMU responsible for assessment, such as OIR, CARS, assessment committees and working groups. Coordinate Libraries’ statistical reporting to external organizations (e.g. ACRL, IPEDS).
- The position may also participate in instructional efforts relevant to experience and expertise, including Libraries’ programming, consultation, and potentially for-credit courses.
- Engages in activities as defined for librarian faculty members in the Professional Service section of the James Madison University Libraries Promotion and Tenure Guidelines.
- Engages in activities as defined for librarian faculty members in the Scholarly Achievement and Professional Qualifications section of the James Madison University Libraries Promotion and Tenure Guidelines.
About Dean's Office
The office of the Dean of Libraries includes associate deans for the four major divisions of the JMU Libraries (AE, DATech, LID, and Admin) as well as senior professional faculty leading strategic intiatives.
About Libraries Administration
We support and challenge JMU Libraries’ staff and faculty to live up to our guiding statements — as we work together to provide excellent library and educational technology resources, spaces, services, and expertise to our campus community. Libraries’ Administration includes Communications and Outreach, Data Analytics, Facilities Operations, Finance and Human Resources, and the office of the Dean.