Project Coordinator, Flowerings; Strategic Research & Assessment Librarian, Professor
- Serve as Project Coordinator for Flowerings Phase 2: Seeding and Tending the Furious Flower Digital Archive
- In collaboration with Libraries’ leadership teams, identify and develop research topics and complete research studies on behalf of the organization, assembling research team(s) when necessary.
- Initiate, direct, and execute selected, strategic assessment efforts for the Libraries that gather, analyze, and put into use high quality, actionable information to support planning and decision-making.
- Coordinate Libraries’ statistical reporting to external organizations (e.g. ACRL, IPEDS).
- Make recommendations that strengthen the Libraries’ organizational research and assessment efforts.
- Work with colleagues to develop communications about Libraries’ impact and value in a way that invites our communities’ participation and action.
- Serve as a Libraries’ representative to other areas of JMU responsible for and related to assessment, such as OIR, CARS, assessment committees and working groups.
- Participate in instructional efforts relevant to experience and expertise, including Libraries’ programming, consultation, and potentially for-credit courses.
- As time permits, manages selected organizational projects (unrelated to assessment), identifying appropriate methodologies and approaches.
About Libraries Administration
We support and challenge JMU Libraries’ staff and faculty to live up to our guiding statements — as we work together to provide excellent library and educational technology resources, spaces, services, and expertise to our campus community.