Strategic Research & Assessment Librarian, Professor
- In collaboration with Libraries’ leadership teams, identify and develop research topics and complete research studies on behalf of the organization, assembling research team(s) when necessary.
- Initiate, direct, and execute selected, strategic assessment efforts for the Libraries that gather, analyze, and put into use high quality, actionable information to support planning and decision-making.
- Coordinate Libraries’ statistical reporting to external organizations (e.g. ACRL, IPEDS).
- Make recommendations that strengthen the Libraries’ organizational research and assessment efforts.
- Work with colleagues in Strategy & Development and others to develop communications about Libraries’ impact and value in a way that invites our communities’ participation and action.
- Serve as a Libraries’ representative to other areas of JMU responsible for and related to assessment, such as OIR, CARS, assessment committees and working groups.
About Strategy & Development
We lead and facilitate communications and outreach, organizational learning and development, philanthropy, planning, and strategic research and assessment activities.