Director, Interlibrary Loan & Course Reserves
I oversee an outstanding team that supports all aspects of resource sharing for JMU Libraries. ILL & CR staff obtain materials not owned by JMU Libraries for JMU patrons; loan JMU Libraries collections to colleagues around the world; and place high-use JMU Libraries course materials and Faculty owned personal copies on Course Reserve. We also facilitate the Scan & Deliver service, process ILL materials for campus delivery, and provide materials to eligible Distance Learners.
About DATech Leadership
We are the leadership team for Discovery, Access, and Technology (DATech).
About Discovery, Access, and Technology
We are responsible for collections, metadata, and technology. Departments include Access and Delivery, Interlibrary Loan and Course Reserves, Metadata Strategies, Collection Administration, Scholarly Communications Strategies, and Technology.
About Interlibrary Loan & Course Reserves
ILL enables JMU students, faculty, and staff to request materials that are not available in any JMU Libraries collections. We acquire those materials from other libraries and document delivery vendors. We also provide these additional services:
- Scan and Deliver: We scan articles and book chapters from the JMU Libraries print and microform collections and deliver the scanned materials electronically.
- Distance Learners: We send ILL and JMU Libraries materials to eligible distance learners.
Course Reserves allows JMU faculty members to place high-use course materials on reserve for students to check out with shortened loan periods.
- Traditional Course Reserves are offered at all JMU Libraries locations.
- Course Reading List is a tool that integrates course reserves and course readings into one easy-to-access list in Canvas.
- Digital Course Reserve (DCR) is an equivalent alternative to traditional Course Reserves that will allow digital access to print items.