New Tools to Support Teaching and Learning at JMU
Posted on: August 29, 2023
We’re excited to introduce a range of innovative educational technology tools at JMU that can enhance teaching and learning:
- Camtasia – Create your own videos with Camtasia, a lecture capture tool for recording, editing, and sharing instructional videos.
- GoReact – Elevate your Canvas course experience with GoReact, a video feedback software that enables interactive feedback on student work.
- Gradescope – Streamline your grading and assessment with Gradescope.
- OneDrive in Canvas – Create and grade assignments and collaborate on files in real time with OneDrive in Canvas.
- Poll Everywhere – Foster active participation with Poll Everywhere, a dynamic classroom response system integrated into Canvas that helps you create engaging polls, surveys, and quizzes for your class or presentation.
- Top Hat – Engage your students with Top Hat, an integrated Canvas solution that allows you to craft interactive lectures, quizzes, polls and more, enabling seamless student participation through their devices.
We are here to help instructors integrate these tools into your teaching! To get started, you can:
- Contact our Learning Innovations & Design Desk online or in Rose Library.
- Refer to our JMU-specific how-to guides (scroll down to the “Educational Technologies” box)
- Request a personalized consultation to gain proficiency in these tools.
Finished designing your fall courses? We’re happy to help you prepare to use these tools in future semesters!
Having managed Canvas and other academic software tools for years, we are enthusiastic about offering these additional educational technologies based on feedback from your fellow faculty members. Workshops and more information on these tools are coming soon!
We always welcome input! Please contact email@example.com with feedback about these new tools or to share your other teaching and learning needs.
Categorised in: JMU Libraries News