Hours This Week:
- Universal restroom: Single-occupancy restrooms located on the basement level near Stairwell D and the 3rd floor around the corner from Stairwell E.
- Group study rooms: First-come first-served group study rooms are available in both Carrier and Rose. Additionally, selected group study rooms may be reserved by JMU faculty, students, and staff in both buildings. Visit Reserve a Group Study Room to check availability and make a reservation.
- Open study space: JMU Libraries offers space throughout Carrier and Rose, including large work tables and lounge areas with couches and chairs. Please respect “Quiet Study” signs, where posted.
- Anatomy room: Space for multiple students to work with various anatomical models. Located on the first floor near Starbucks.
- Media viewing room: Space with three workstations for media viewing, including DVD, VHS, Blu-ray, and LaserDisc players. Headphones and remote controls also included. Located on the first floor near Starbucks.
- Lockers: Carrier and Rose Libraries offer lockers on the first floor of each building for temporary, short-term storage at no cost. View the Locker Policy for more information.
- Vending areas: Food and drink vending machines are located on the first floor just inside the main entrance, as well as the hallway between Starbucks and the restrooms. A vending machine with non-food supplies is also located on the first floor near the Ask the Library desk.
- Exhibits and Art
- Book Displays
- Accessible Technology Lab
- Microform equipment
- PC & Mac workstations with external disc drives: JMU users can log in with e-ID. For guest login access, visit the Ask the Library desk and present a photo ID.
- Printers & scanning equipment: Printers and scanners are located on the first floor near the general use computers. JMU has a pay-for-print system using either FLEX money or a DART card. You can print from our general use computers or from a personal computer with wireless printing installed. Save your scans to USB, send them to a jmu.edu email address, or print them in the library.
- External disc drives: Available for checkout at the Ask the Library desk
Everyone is welcome to visit the JMU Libraries and access many of our collections, spaces, and services while in library buildings. All visitors are expected to follow the JMU Libraries Conduct Policy.
- Guest WiFi access: Visit the Ask the Library desk to receive the password for the JMU Visitors network.
- Printing: DART cards can be purchased with cash to pay for printing on campus. Visit a DART machine located near the Ask the Library desk.
- Parking: A parking permit must be hung from the rear-view mirror and may be obtained Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:30 pm at the ground-level office of the Champions Parking Deck, and online through JMU Parking Services. The Parking Services website includes parking maps.
- Learn more: Services for Visitors
- Carrier Library is home to our arts, social sciences, literature, and humanities books.
- View the call number locations for books in Carrier.
- Ask the Library Desk: Located on the first floor in the main entrance lobby. The Ask the Library desk is a great starting point for any question you may have about library spaces or services. This is also where you can check out and return library materials.
- Special Collections: Special Collections is on the second floor.
- Makerspaces: The Makery is in the basement of Carrier Library and the 1st floor of Rose Library.