JMU and Virginia News and Resources
- Virginia Research Library Deans and Directors Endorse the MIT Framework for Publisher Contracts, Oct 23, 2019.
- JMU Experts Advance Open Access Initiatives in Library & Information Science, Oct 22, 2019.
- Open Access Resolution for JMU Libraries, May 2019.
- Statement from Deans and Directors of Virginia Research Libraries on the University of California System’s Termination of Contract with Elsevier, Apr 10, 2019.
- Movie Screening: Paywall: The Business of Scholarship, Nov 27, 2018.
- Scholarly Communication: Open Access – A brief guide on what’s new in Scholarly Communication.
National/International News and Resources
- SPARC Big Deal Knowledge Base.
- Is It Such a Big Deal? On the Cost of Journal Use in the Digital Era.
- SPARC Letter to the White House Regarding Rumored Open Access Policy.
- University of Washington Libraries announces new, more sustainable deal with Elsevier.
- Is the staggeringly profitable business of scientific publishing bad for science? The Guardian, June 27, 2017.
- Larivière, V., Haustein, S., & Mongeon, P. (2015) The oligopoly of academic publishers in the digital era. PLoS ONE, 10(6): e0127502.