New Canvas Tools to Enhance Teaching & Learning
Posted on: September 5, 2023
As previously announced, we have added new tools to Canvas this year. You can enable them in Canvas to start exploring how they can enhance student learning and streamline your teaching tasks:
- GoReact – Video feedback tool
- Gradescope – Grading and assessment tool
- OneDrive in Canvas – File storage and collaboration
- Poll Everywhere or Top Hat – Polling tools
How to enable them? Instructors can choose which Canvas tools are visible to students in the left navigation menu. Select “Settings” at the bottom of the menu, then select “Navigation” along the top. Drag items between the upper and lower lists to hide (disable) or make them visible (enable) to students.
Also, don’t miss these Canvas-based tools that JMU introduced last academic year:
- Canvas Studio – Create, share, and discuss video and audio in Canvas
- Course Reading List – Organize course readings, files, and Course Reserves all within a Canvas course
We are here to help you as you integrate these tools into your teaching! Contact our Learning Innovations & Design Desk online or in Rose Library.
Categorised in: Educational Technology News, Instructional Design News, JMU Libraries News