- 24/7 Space: The Rose Library 24/7 Space has a 24-hour study space with tables, soft seating, a computer lab, food & drink vending machines, and more. This space is available for JMU users and a JACard is required for entry.
- Universal restrooms: Two single-occupancy restrooms located within the Rose Library 24/7 Space. A JACard is required for entry to the 24/7 space.
- Group study rooms: First-come first-served group study rooms are available in both Carrier and Rose. Additionally, selected group study rooms may be reserved by JMU faculty, students, and staff in both buildings. Visit Reserve a Group Study Room to check availability and make a reservation.
- Open study space: JMU Libraries offers space throughout Carrier and Rose, including large work tables and lounge areas with couches and chairs. Please respect “Quiet Study” signs, where posted.
- Anatomy room: Space for multiple students to work with various anatomical models. Located on the first floor to the right of the Ask the Library desk.
- Lockers: Carrier and Rose Libraries offer lockers on the first floor of each building for temporary, short-term storage. View the Locker Policy for more information.
- Vending areas: Food & drink vending machines are located in the 24 hour study space (available for JMU users; a JACard is required for entry). A vending machine with non-food supplies is located on the first floor in the café area outside of Starbucks.
- Exhibits and Art
- Book Displays
- Accessible Technology Lab
- PC & Mac workstations with external disc drives: JMU users can log in with e-ID. For guest login access, visit the Ask the Library desk and present a photo ID.
- Printers & scanning equipment: Printers and scanners are located on the first floor near the general use computers. JMU has a pay-for-print system using either FLEX money or a DART card. You can print from our general use computers or from a personal computer with wireless printing installed. Save your scans to USB, send them to a jmu.edu email address, or print them in the library.
- External disc drives: Available for checkout at the Ask the Library desk
- Everyone is welcome to visit the JMU Libraries and access many of our collections, spaces, and services while in library buildings. All visitors are expected to follow the JMU Libraries Conduct Policy.
- Guest wireless access: Visit the Ask the Library desk to receive the password for the JMU Visitors network.
- Printing: DART cards can be purchased with cash to pay for printing on campus. Visit a DART machine located near the Ask the Library desk.
- Parking: A parking permit must be hung from the rear-view mirror and may be obtained Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:30 pm at the ground-level office of the Champions Parking Deck, and online through JMU Parking Services. The Parking Services website includes helpful campus parking maps.
- Learn more: Services for Visitors
- Rose Library houses our math, science, technology, health, engineering, and business books.
- View the call number locations for books in Rose.
- Ask the Library Desk: Located on the first floor directly in front of the main entrance. The Ask the Library desk is a great starting point for any question you may have about library spaces or services. This is also where you can check out and return library materials.
- Makerspaces: The Makery location in Rose is located on the first floor behind the general use computer area.